Virtual Jungle Cruise?

As most of you know, I was a devastatingly handsome and witty skipper of the World Famous Jungle Cruise at Walt Disney World in Florida. I also have a fondness for being creative and coming up with strange and unusual things. I used to play a PC game called Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 all the time, and had theme parks based off of anything I can convert into theme park, such as movies, cartoons, websites, even songs and music. This time, I've created my beloved Jungle in the virtual realm of RCT2, but with a few twists and turns that nobody would ever see coming. So climb aboard my vessel, and I shall take you on a little 3 hour tour into unmarked territory. Bring a camera, food, bug spray, and several clean pairs of underwear.



Here's the entrance to the Jungle Cruise and the queue building. In here, you'll be standing around, having flashbacks of your life pondering if you'll ever make it out alive in this 21 hour long queue, wondering if there really is a Jungle Cruise. At least you have the zany antics of our favorite radio announcer Albert Awol and a fancy selection of Jungle melodies to keep you occupied.




Finally you board your boat, and travel down the first half of the Jungle. You might notice some familiar scenes including the butterflies, elephants, hippos, and of course, the backside of water.




So far it still looks very similar, but here's where I start adding my own twist to the cruise. Instead of entering through the temple, you go through the lion's cave . . .




. . . and into anothe ride? Wait a sec, we all knew that Pirates was Jungle's next door neighbor, but this is ridiculous! Let's try to find our back to our own attraction now!




How would we get back to the Jungle? Easy, we'll jump track and drop straight to the volcano scene that we joke about if you happen to sit in our sacrificial altar.



And then you end up meeting Ol' Smiley and Ginger and other various creepy crawlies. I'm sorry folks, no Chief Namee or Trader Sam in this version, although, if you look very closely and use your imagination, you could see a top hat and umbrella next to Ginger :)




After building the jungle, I decided to fill the rest of the space of my custom scenario. I made this scenario just to build Jungle Cruise only, but since I have other attractions and scenery, I had to expand. The next attraction for this park is 20,000 Leagues.




Here's the beginning of Pirates. Still needs work, and I will have the queue covered up similar to Jungle's queue, and have the first section of Pirates themed, or just covered up.




Here's an overall view of the park so far. The main section in Pirates is done for the most part, and I thought I took a screenshot of that, but I guess I didn't? I'll make sure to post it when the ride's done anyways.







So that's all the pictures of this park. Stay tuned as I show off another park as soon as I can find those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment